IAIN Agritech Innovation Fellowship
The India Agritech Innovation Network (IAIN) is an initiative supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Tata Trusts, in partnership with Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and the Collectives for Integrated Livelihood Initiatives (CInI) and powered by Social Alpha. It envisions to create an enabling ecosystem for innovators and entrepreneurs developing solutions for smallholder farmers in order to help them become more productive, profitable and empowered.
The IAIN fellowship, powered by IIT Kanpur will support students/recent graduates that are developing deep technologies in the field of agriculture and creating positive impact to smallholder farmers solving challenges listed below, but not limited to:
- Soil Health management
- Agri Mechanisation
- Remote Sensing and Climate Prediction
- Smart Irrigation
- Weather resilient solutions
- Quality seed, manures, fertilizers and biocides
- Better post-harvest loss management
- Value-added activities
- Agriculture waste to value
- Market access
- Agri advisory and data driven decisions
- FPO strengthening and management
- Dairy- Nutrition, Health and Disease Management & access to extension services
- Fisheries: Optimising inland fishery and improvement of yield
- Goatery & Poultry: yield intensification, market access and breeding
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Must be a student/ fresh graduate pursuing engineering or any course within the science & engineering disciplines
- Must be an Indian national below the age of 35
- Developing an agritech solution impacting smallholder farmers in India
What you Get:
The fellowship offers a financial support upto INR 50,000 per month for a period of 12 months. If the startup receives an equity/grant funding of more than INR 20 Lakhs, the fellowship maybe terminated by the committee.