SIIP (Social Innovation Immersion Program), a component of SPARSH scheme, is BIRAC’s social Innovation fellowship/award program aimed at creating a pool of biotech “Social Innovators” who could identify the needs & gaps within communities and then can help bridge the gaps either through an innovative product development or services. The Program is implemented through SPARSH Centres. The immersion program is a unique social Innovation platform which provides opportunity for clinical and rural immersion and also funding support for developing the prototype through mini kick start grant apart from the monthly fellowship to young social Innovators.
Who can apply
Indian undergraduate (B.Tech, BE, MBBS) or postgraduate (MSc, MS, M.Tech, MPhil, MD) & PhD below 35 years from fields of life sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, medicine & human biology are eligible to apply.
Why should you apply for SPARSH Fellowship
- Fully funded fellowship with monthly stipend of Rs 50,000 per month for a period of 18 months.
- Rs 5 Lakhs mini kick start grant.
- Clinical/ Rural Immersion.
- Access to network of Mentors and Investors.
- Opportunities to seek funding on completion.