Foundation for Innovation and Research in Science and Technology (FIRST), IIT Kanpur launches Young Professionals Program (YPP) to offer budding talent an opportunity in supporting incubation and innovation in the country and develop themselves into capable professionals. YPP extends an exposure across functions and programs to potential young talent to assess their abilities, help them build skills, experiment with their capabilities, and craft their talent to emerge as competent professionals. The incumbents of the program acquire exposure to the following:
- Outreach, Social Media and Pipeline
- Applicant Empowerment, Support, and Evaluations
- Innovation and Technology
- Incubation and Portfolio Management
- The stint is challenging and expose participants to a variety of disciplines and business functions, and provides exposure to a variety of businesses and functions.
- Post-training, participants take on strategic or operational roles at junior management levels.
- A stipend of INR Rs 25000 per month, decided on the merit of the candidates, is offered during the one-year long YPP term.
- The candidate(s) may get inducted as a full-time employee in the roles of Assistant Manager at a salary based on candidate’s performance and industry norms, within the relevant department or function.
- One-week long induction with functional leaders.
- Quarterly Projects undertaken with Leaders and Portfolio Managers with periodic progress review
- A mentoring and buddy process for handholding during the process
- Assessment Center and career conversation for the final role placement
The following competencies and attributes to be developed for the incumbents of the YPP, which the YPP incumbents are going to be assessed using an Assessment Center:
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Drive for Results
- Withstanding Pressure
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Team spirit
- Passion to serve the community
- Graduation in Engineering / Biotechnology / Life Sciences/ Management / Business Administration / Development Studies / Social Work / Economics / Commerce or any other relevant streams
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Key Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent Communication and Coordination Skills, Strong team player, Creative and innovative thinking,
· Result Oriented, Dependable and Responsible
· Strong Computer knowledge especially MS Office
· Passion to serve the community
Interested candidates need to apply through the following link –